Ration Card is a very common identity card in India, while the purpose of the card depends from person to person. One can serve it as mere an identity card while the other may depend on it for their food and commodity needs.
So the first thing which should be known while applying for ration card is your categories which are:
- Above poverty line (APL),
- Below Poverty Line (BPL),
- Antyodaya Family (AAY).
After classifying your category you can go ahead to apply for Ration Card.
3 Simple Steps to apply for a Ration Card
1) The first step is to download the Form 1, which has been specially designed for Ration card. Take the print out of the Form 1 and fill the details properly and correctly. As every state has its own Ration card form (Ration card form for Delhi and Kolkata will be different as both the city comes under different States).
2) The second step is to fill the form with the required information. The card should contain names of every family member and the head of the family has to submit 3 passport size photographs which should be duly attested by gazette officer.
Documents required for applying for Ration card:
- Address Proof or NOC from landlord in case of tenant.
- Certificate of poof of income as it will verify the category to which you belong.
- One also has to submit surrender/deletion form which means the applicant does not own ration card.
- For adding any members name the applicant has to submit the birth certificate as the proof of identity.
- Processing fee of 50 paisa or Re.1 will be charged from the applicant.
3) One has to carry all the above mentioned documents along with them to the nearest Ration card encircled office or in the villages Gram Panchayats are respective authority to issue the same.
Once you are done with the process, for receiving the ration card you have to wait approx a month after which you will receive it.
Those who are really in hurry and need the card as early as possible then they can apply for the same in “Tatkal Scheme”. In Tatkal scheme the applicant has to pay Rs. 100 as the processing fee and they will the same after 2-3 days of registration.